The life of Being a single woman: Choosing to be happy for myself

Being a happy single woman today should be celebrated. Women today choose the life they want for themselves. Women today are educated, earning good money, and living the lives they want. Having chosen to live a life of happiness alone, she celebrates how normal it is to opt out of society's rules. Having intentions and a purpose in life is what drives me forward.

Being single keeps me sane when relationships drive me crazy. I have never been in a romantic relationship. My brief dating history has taught me that being single isn't as bad as it sounds. My expectations for a relationship have never been met and that’s okay. I’m not in the business of building a relationship with someone who doesn’t give me the time and energy I deserve back. In the words of Trace Ellis Ross, I’m a rare breed. What happens to a rare breed is it takes time to find something.

Singlehood is about being unbothered and unphased. A lot of people wish they had the freedom to do what they want. You're doing your own thing. I appreciate being single more than ever. There is nothing better than being single with intention. Dating yourself and investing in your quality of life is essential to growth. Relationships are nice but you have to complete yourself as a person by yourself.

Being at an age where people your age are in relationships, getting married, having children, traveling, buying a house and having a high paying job is weird. I see people my age starting families. I want to lay in my bed and slowly start my day. Life moves at its own pace for each individual. Being single is an opportunity to achieve a lot or figure things out. In my adulthood, I am moving at a slow pace. I live an untraditional life and I'm the definition of failure to launch. I put a lot of energy into myself because I have been single all my life. I see children as the end game. Adults should know who they are and have financial backing before having children. As I prepare for my future, I am living a child-free life.